Festive Christmas Desserts
You wait all year long for Christmas day to come, and now that it is here there are so many ways to celebrate the festive season. The holidays are a busy time for friends, family, and food, so make sure you have your dessert game plan ready to rock. Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without desserts galore, and loved ones to share it with. Get hungry, we are going to dig into the seasonal sweets you need to fuel your Christmas dessert season.
The Joy of Christmas Desserts
The holiday season brings with it loads of opportunities to celebrate Christmas dinner. To start with there is the classic holiday office party, a gathering of colleagues and work acquaintances meant to celebrate a year of hard work and a chance to unwind. Office holiday parties can range from a simple gathering in the conference room to an elaborate black tie soiree, and no matter the level of class there are always desserts galore. Pro-tip for those on the party planning committee: Milk Bar delivers edible corporate gifts straight to your office, nationwide. You can also browse our list of corporate food gift ideas and what to bring to a holiday party. Off the clock, the holiday season is full of gatherings with family and friends, from casual secret santa parties to full family feasts. Each gathering has its own theme and vibe to match, but they all have room for dessert.
A Feast of Flavors: Milk Bar’s Christmas Dessert Ideas Lineup
If you’ve been invited to a Christmas day celebration or are hosting a holiday hang, there are a few types of desserts you should consider serving. Guests have come to expect a bounty of sweets during the winter season, so don’t disappoint them and ruin the festive spirit!
- Pies a plenty.
- Some might think pie is more a Thanksgiving dessert, but we say it has a place at any party. Whether you’re sticking to the classics and serving up slices of gooey, brown sugary Milk Bar Pie or switching it up for a more festive chocolate and peppermint holiday dessert recipe, your spread isn’t completely without some type of pie.
- Sugar Cookies are a classic.
- Perhaps the dessert most connected to Christmas baking, cookies are a big player on the holiday food gifts scene. Cut out Christmas cookies with royal icing are a festive favorite, as are chocolate snowballs, gingerbread cookie men and houses and an infinite number of regional recipes. A tin of Milk Bar cookies also makes a great secret Santa gift.
- Cakes make a statement.
- As the holidays are no time to be modest, a big, bold Christmas cake is always in order. Cake makes a great holiday centerpiece and a great hosting gift. From Milk Bar’s Peppermint Bark Layer Cake to your family’s favorite Christmas recipe, a seasonal cake is always welcome during Christmas eve.
- Truffles are a breeze.
- Some occasions aren’t the type to deal with forks and plates, and hand held desserts are more appropriate. Office cocktail parties or family friendly holiday brunches are the perfect time to plan a menu folks can snack on while standing and mingling. Milk Bar cake truffles come in a variety of seasonal and classic flavors for easy holiday eating.
- Show them something new.
- If you are planning a holiday event with more adventurous eaters, and want to surprise them with something they haven’t seen before, Milk Bar’s Mini Peppermint Bark Snaps are just the treat you need. Chocolate cookies topped with caramel and pretzels, wrapped in peppermint white chocolate and wonderfully seasonal, snaps are a great addition to a holiday table.
As you look at your Christmas eve calendar and start to make your menu plans, it’s important to go big on dessert. The festive season holidays are a team for sweet treats galore, and there is a perfect dessert recipe for every occasion. Chocolate! Christmas Cookies! Pies and more! Your Christmas tree is just begging for something sweet to go along with it.