Last Updated: April 5, 2021
- access or use the milkbarstore.com website (the “site”);
- sign up for our newsletter, make a purchase or otherwise interact with us on or through the site (“Customer Interactions”);
- access links to Milk Bar’s social media pages/accounts on third party social media websites (“Social Media Pages”); and/or
- enter sweepstakes, contests, and/or promotions offered by Milk Bar from time to time (collectively, “Promotions” and together with the site, Customer Interactions and Social Media Pages, the “Milk Bar Online Offerings”).
We may collect several types of information from you, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, username and password, shipping and billing information, email address, telephone number, and/or credit card number (including security code and expiration date) (collectively, “personally identifiable information” or “PII”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your hobbies, personal interests, gender, demographic information, and product and service preferences; and/or
- about others, such as the names and email addresses of gift recipients or family and friends whom you have referred to the site.
We may collect information from you in a variety of ways, as follows:
Information You Provide - We receive information you provide to use when you:
- create any account with us (e.g., online shopping account, loyalty account, or any other type of account we offer);
- log into, visit and use our site;
- engage in Customer Interactions;
- make a purchase, either in-store or online;
- pickup up purchases using our curbside service;to personalize our products, services and offerings to you;
- place an order through a third party delivery service;
- contact us for customer service;
- participate in any Promotions; or
- otherwise communicate with Milk Bar.
Visiting Our Stores – When you visit our stores, depending on what you do during your visit, we may receive information about you in addition to the information we collect directly from you in connection with:
• Video Cameras – we use video cameras in our stores for security purposes. These cameras may capture demographic and personal information about you. We only use this information as necessary to provide security for our stores and to exercise our legal rights and defend ourselves.
We may collect information about you from other sources, as follows:
- Milk Bar may work with one or more data-modeling and/or data–append services which allow us to learn more about you from other sources, based on the information you have permitted us to gather directly (including your email address).
- We may collect information about you from other third parties, such as our business partners.
- We may combine the information we obtain from other sources with information we collect from you directly and use it for various purposes, such as to tailor advertising and content to you and send you offers that may be of interest.
We, our service providers (including advertising and analytics providers), and third parties may automatically collect several types of information about you including information:
- as you navigate through the site, which information may include usage details, IP addresses, operating system, browser type, referring URLs, access times, pages viewed, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, such as information about your browsing and purchasing behavior.
- about your mobile device.
This information is used to analyze trends, administer the site and Milk Bar Online Offerings, associate browsers and devices together, and deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests.
The technologies we, our service providers, and third parties may use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies. A cookie is a small removable data file that is stored by your web browser on your computer which often includes a unique identifier. Cookies are used to provide customers with tighter security, customized content, and tracking of orders and shopping cart items. Session cookies expire at the end of a particular visit to our site, while persistent cookies (also called stored cookies) remain active until you disable them through your browser settings, or until a pre-set expiration date.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our site and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
You may disable or refuse to accept cookies through the appropriate browser settings, however if you select this setting you may not be able to use all features of our site. In addition, disabling cookies may cancel opt-outs that rely on cookies, such as web analytics or targeted advertising opt-outs.
We may use the information we collect from you or receive about you:
• for registration and billing purposes;
• to provide, maintain, and improve the site and our products and services;
• to respond to your questions and fulfill your orders and requests;
• to verify entry into a Promotion and ship any prizes won in connection an applicable Promotion;
• to personalize our products, services and offerings to you;
• to communicate with you about your orders, our products, and the site;
• to manage your account and send you account related information;
• to send you promotional messages and for targeted advertising purposes; and/or
• for internal data modeling and marketing purposes.
Third Party Websites
We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of any websites or services that are not owned or controlled by Milk Bar, including those to which this site links to or that link to this site.
To learn more about interest-based advertising or to opt-out of having your web browsing information used for interest based advertising by companies that participate in the Network Advertising (“NAI”) or Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”), visit the websites operated by the NAI [http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices] and the DAA [http://www.aboutads.info/choices/]. Note, however, that not all service providers participate in the NAI and DAA. In addition, if you opt-out, you may still see online advertising from us and third parties, but the ads may be less relevant to you. If you delete or block cookies, buy or use a different device, access the site from a different device, login under a different name, or change web browsers, you will need to opt-out again. Some web browsers may transmit “do not track” signals. At this time, we do not take steps to respond to such signals.
Customized Ad Campaigns
We may also work with third party social media sites to serve Milk Bar ads to you as part of a customized social media campaign.
Sharing of Your Information
We may share aggregated or de-identified information regarding our customers with partners, advertisers, or other third parties. This data will not identify you personally.
We may share information with companies that provide support services to us (such as a printer, mailing house, fulfillment company, delivery company, or web host) or that help us market our products and services. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions. These companies are not authorized to use any personal information we share with them for any other purpose.
We (including, for all purposes hereof, any third parties that provide support services to us) will use the PII you provided to us to process, validate, confirm, verify, deliver and track your purchases (including by processing payment card transactions, arranging shipping and handling returns and refunds, and contacting you about your orders, including by telephone and/or the email address that you provide to Milk Bar to communicate with).
As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a company sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, or similar event, the personal information and other information you provide to us or that we have gathered about you may be part of the transferred assets.
We may be required to disclose such information in response to subpoenas, court orders, requests from law-enforcement officials, or if we are otherwise required to disclose such information by law. If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure of Milk Bar, our customers or others, we may disclose your information as required. This includes identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users to your account.
We may share your email address, other information you voluntarily provide to us, such as your hobbies, personal interests, gender, demographic information, and product and service preferences, and other information we may collect, including PII, with third-party partners for our, theirs and their customers’ marketing, analytics, content personalization, and other activities. We and our partners may combine such data with other data for these purposes.
Protecting Your Information
We make commercially reasonable efforts to help keep your information secure and help protect your information from loss, theft, misuse, alternation, and unauthorized access or disclosure. Unfortunately, even though we use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your information, we cannot guarantee complete security. Any information that you provide to us is done so entirely at your own risk.
To further protect yourself, you should safeguard your Milk Bar account username and password and not share that information with anyone. You should also sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to our site. Please note that we will never ask for your Milk Bar account username or password via email.
Opting-Out of Communications
Receipt of marketing, promotional, and non-transactional email communications from Milk Bar. Click the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of any Milk Bar email or change your Milk Bar account settings/preferences.
Please note that you cannot opt-out of transactional email communications related to your account. We may continue to contact you for the purposes of communicating information relating to your request for Milk Bar Online Offerings, your participation in a Promotion and to respond to inquiries made by you, as applicable, even if you have elected to opt-out of certain communications as provided above.
To opt-out of all communications from Milk Bar you must cease using the Milk Bar Online Offerings, and other services related to the Milk Bar Online Offerings.
If you have provided us with your prior express consent to receive communications via an automatic telephone system (autodialer), artificial or prerecorded voice messages or text messages, we may use your information to send text messages to any mobile device connected to your cell phone number until you opt out from future text messages by replying STOP to any text messages you receive from us. Once you cancel, we will send one additional confirmation text message stating that you have opted out of receiving automated text messages from us.
Attention European Union Residents; Data Transfers
You agree that your information will be transferred to and processed by Milk Bar in the United States. By using and accessing the Milk Bar Online Offerings, users who reside or are located in countries outside of the United States agree and consent to the transfer and processing of personal information on servers located outside of the country where they reside, and acknowledge that the protection of such information may be different than required under the laws of their residence or location.
We do not intentionally collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If we become aware that we have collected personally identifiable information from a user of the site who is under the age of thirteen, we will remove that child’s personal information from our files.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits visitors to our site who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you may write to us at: Milk Bar, Attn: Legal Department, 382 Metropolitan Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11211.
Accessing and Modifying Information
You may update, modify, and/or correct your information by logging into your Milk Bar account or by emailing email@example.com. Note, however, that Milk Bar will continue to retain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
We welcome your questions, comments and concerns about privacy. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your feedback pertaining to privacy. You also may write to us at:
Attn: Legal Department
382 Metropolitan Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11211