Bake Club Pretzel Swirl Brownies
Makes 12 squares, one 8x8” pan
1 stick butter
⅔ cup light brown sugar
¼ cup sugar
2 cups pretzels, ground down into about ¾ cup pretzel flour
¼ cup flour
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon baking powder
4 tablespoons (½ stick) butter
⅔ cup chocolate chips
½ cup sugar
¾ tsp vanilla extract
⅓ cup flour
¼ teaspoon salt
- Heat the oven to 350F and pan spray an 8x8” baking dish.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt a. 1 stick of butter in one bowl and b. 4 tablespoons butter and ⅔ cup chocolate chips in other bowl.
- Finish mixing Pretzel Batter by taking bowl a. and stirring ⅔ cup light brown sugar and ¼ cup sugar together until smooth. Stir in 1 egg, mixing until smooth. Then stir in pretzel “flour”, ½ cup flour, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon baking powder until smooth. Set aside.
- Finish mixing Brownie Batter, by taking bowl b and stirring in ½ cup sugar until smooth. Stir in 1 egg and ¾ teaspoon vanilla, mixing until smooth. Then stir in ⅓ cup flour and ¼ teaspoon salt until smooth.
- Scoop some of the brownie batter, then some of the pretzel batter into the greased baking dish, alternating one and the other so you get a brilliant mix of the two throughout the pan. Feel free to drag a dinner knife around once all batters are distributed to get more of a swirl effect.
- Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes. Until the pretzel filling has set (the brownie batter will still have a little shine. Cool completely at room temperature before giving away!